Saturday, July 18, 2015

Burn, Re-Write, Re-Read

Alright so I've seen this going around on Twitter a lot lately, and I thought why not give it a shot. And because I'm a glutton for punishment I'm going to do ten different rounds. Yes that's right, ten rounds of book burning, re-writing, and re-reading! However, I will be breaking it up into two separate posts. So lets get to it!



Round One: Recent Reads

Burn: The Shadow Revolution by Clay Griffith and Susan Griffith

Unfortunately, this was one of the weakest books that I have read recently which was a bit disappointing. The idea behind the book seemed really interesting but when it came down to it, I was dragging just trying to get through it. 

Re-write: Ashes to Ashes by Melissa C. Walker

Overall, this book was really good but I definitely felt like the beginning dragged on a bit too much for my liking and the characters could use a bit more fine-tuning to really make them stand out to me. 

Re-read: Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs

This book completely took me by surprise. It was a fast and fun read and the ending left me wanting more. I sadly have to wait until next year for the next book in the series but I can begin re-reading this one whenever I want. 

Round 2: Contemporary 

Burn: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

This one is a bit of a default as the other two books I could most definitely not burn at all. I did enjoy this book greatly, however at times, it can drag on a bit. 

Re-write: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Because that ending is not Okay. And no Okay is not going to be my always (but of course I love that quote and everything about it).

Re-read: Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

Because everything about this book is absolutely amazing! I love the way the pieces all fit together and the story that is told. It has just the right amounts of drama, romance, friendships, family. 

Round 3: Vampires! Round 1

Burn: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

I'll admit that I enjoyed this book and still do. However, this book is pretty low on my list of books. I think that there are a lot of things that could be improved. 

Re-write: Evernight by Claudia Gray

I very much enjoyed this book. It was original to me at the time and I loved the characters. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't like the other books in the series but I did enjoy this first book a lot. 

Re-read: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


I love this series so much! It is definitely among the very top of my favorite books/series about Vampires as well as just general series. There is action, adventure, and romance. This is definitely a series to give a try. 

Round 4: Vampires! Round 2

Burn: Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

This book is fairly good, but pretty week in its own right. There isn't much to them and they do leave a lot to be desired. 

Re-write: Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz

I love this series, and sort of reminds me of Gossip Girl. If I were to rewrite this series, I would probably add a bit more to it. The books are all pretty small and easy to get through so I would love to add in a bit more description and foreshadowing. 

Re-read: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

So this series even tops Vampire Academy which I wasn't even sure was possible. I love Sydney and Adrian and right now they are the couple to top! I feel like I need to start re-reading these books like now! 


Round 5: Sarah Dessen Showdown!

Burn: Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

So this was actually the first Sarah Dessen book that I picked up, and I love it dearly. However, I have ended up loving the other books I have read by her just a little bit more. 

Re-write: Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

I think if I had to change one thing about this book, I think I would change her father. I really wish that the relationship between Auden and her father was a closer one. But of course, this is a really minor thing and adds in the right amount of drama into the story as well. 

Re-read: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

This one is at the absolute top of my favorites list! I love that she deals with hard hitting topics and does them justice. Everything about this book is perfect! 

So that's it for this post of Burn, Re-Write, or Re-Read! What did you think? Any books that I burned that you think shouldn't have been. Or have other books that you would have put on the list instead? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment