Monday, July 13, 2015

Maniac Monday #3

#otspsecretsister, Camp NaNoWriMo, and more!

Welcome back to another Maniac Monday! This week, I'm going to talk about the #otspsecretsister tag, my progress with Camp NaNoWriMo, and a few other things!

So to start with, I want to go over this amazing thing that is happening over on Twitter that goes by the #otspsecretsister tag! What exactly is it, you wonder? Well, it's this amazing thing that Brittany, Amy, and Alyssa started that pretty much runs like a six month long Secret Santa event, except it's for book lovers!

What exactly do you do for this Secret Sister event? You would need to head over to any of their blog pages and read over the FAQs first, after doing that and making sure that its something that you have the commitment for, check out their blog page for the Round 3 sign ups and send them an email with the required information. Please note that they must know you in order to be able to sign up for this event. If this sounds like something you might like to do, but don't yet know any of these three lovely ladies, start using the #otspsecretsister tag, talk to them, and get to know them. They are a pretty fun group and not at all scary so don't be shy!

If you want to check out any of their blog pages or check them out on Twitter, you can find them here:

Brittany:
Twitter: @bookaddictguide
blog: http://www.bookaddictsguide.com/

Amy:
Twitter: @trippingbooks
blog: http://www.trippingoverbooks.com/

Alyssa:
Twitter: @WithTheBanned
blog: http://bookstakeyouplaces.com/

Now I realize, I still really haven't answered what exactly one can expect from joining #otspsecretsister so here it is. By joining #otspsecretsister you get to make new friends who love books just as much as you do. So by signing up for this event, you will get your own secret sister as well as be someones secret sister. Throughout a span of six months, you will send your sister sister goodies, cards, pick me ups, and basically anything else that you can think of. When you sign up, you pick a price range that works best for you, and each month you should be sending your secret sister some goodies that will equate to that amount. However, while its fun to send and receive cool items and books, this event is really about getting to know other people and sending cheerful notes. So definitely remember to send those thoughtful letters/cards/etc to your secret sister just to let them know you are thinking about them! So that is what #otspsecretsister is all about. Sending another book lover some cheer and letting them know that you are thinking about them! It's going to be great fun and I seriously can't wait until I get my Secret Sister!


Camp NaNoWriMo:

This month I'm attempting to work on Camp NaNoWriMo with a goal of writing 50,000 words during this month. However, at day 13, I'm so far behind its not even funny. But I'm not going to give up. Even if I don't make it to 50,000 words written this month, I will have written more words than I originally had so that is still very much a win for me.

I've been mostly working on my Original Fiction novel for this goal, but the other night I hit a small snag and decided to begin working on my Harry Potter Fanfiction novel again. I was pleasantly surprised when a section that I've been hung up on for quite some time began working itself out and suddenly the chapter was almost done! Tonight, I'm hoping to work on my stories a bit more, maybe finish off that chapter I was working on last night and maybe see if I can get my Original Fiction story to play nicely.

Book Update:

So the other day, my boyfriend surprised me and decided to take me out for lunch and then we were going to go hang out at the zoo and just have an "us" day. However, after lunch, we decided that it was much to warm and gross outside to spend a lot of time out so we decided to hit the Mall of America and just wander around. To make this better, I got to stop into Barnes and Noble, talk about a lucky girl!

Of course, its extremely tempting walking through the many rows of books and even worse when I make it into the YA section. I was only going to buy one book since I still have so many sitting around my house, waiting for me to pick them up, but then I ended up with a dilemma between which book I should get. So I wandered up and down the YA section, picking up a bunch of books (that I still so badly want), but then I came to Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and after all of the hype and excitement and amazing things that I've heard about it from my Twitter friends, I knew that this had to be the next book for me.

But of course, things can't be quite that easy because then I see The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski and I suddenly couldn't decide! I've heard great things about both of them and they were both really high on my wish list of books and I just didn't know which one to get. So then my boyfriend finally comes up to me and sees me with both books in my hand and asks me how much they are. I tell him, and was completely expecting him to tell me to only get the cheaper one, but instead, he surprised me and told me to get both! I am now the extremely happy owner of both Throne of Glass and The Winners Curse and I can't wait to begin reading them!

Anyways, I think this is where I'm going to leave it for this Maniac Monday post! If you have any questions at all, want to tell me how amazing these books are, send some words of encouragement for Camp NaNo, or just talk, feel free to leave a comment! 

1 comment: