Monday, July 6, 2015

Maniac Monday #2

So this weekend, I sort of failed at posting anything on my blog. I would love to blame the holiday on this, but sadly that doesn't even come close. I spent my holiday on my computer at home so really I shouldn't have any excuse however, I do have a few good ones. One, its Camp NaNoWriMo and I seriously need to get going on it, even after spending the majority of my day working on it on Saturday. And two, I spent all day Sunday doing stuff for another website that I'm on. It was a lot of fun and I wouldn't have changed it for the world, but doing that meant I didn't write my blog entry. Oh well, I'm here today and that's all that counts.

What are some things I'm looking forward to this week? Well, I've got some fun posts coming up, including, The Raven Boys, my top ten summer reads, and my favorite book to movie, as well as some other fun topics so keep your eyes out for that.

Other non-blog related news, I will be spending a good portion of my time writing for Camp NaNo and hopefully catching up on word count since I'm currently sitting about 10K behind but I know that I can do it, I just have to remember that a first draft doesn't have to be good... the words just need to get on paper. That's probably one of the biggest things I struggle with. I want it to sound perfect right away even though that's not always possible so I just have to take things slowly and forget about the need to be perfect and just let it all flow out.

In reading news, I'm currently making my way through Ashes to Ashes by Melissa Walker as well as reading Under the Empyrean Sky by Chuck Wendig and they both seem to be taking me by surprise a bit so I'm really looking forward to finishing them up soon. I'm also really excited because I was able to talk my boyfriend into watching The Maze Runner with me this weekend, and we both actually liked it, even though he had told me he wasn't going to watch it. So I was a bit surprised when the next day, he came home from work with the rest of the books in the series (I already had The Maze Runner, just haven't read it yet). And things get even better that he actually wants to read the series, but he wants to wait until I've finished reading them. Guess this means I need to put time aside soon and get to those books so he doesn't have to wait too long for them.

What is currently on your reading list? Have any of them taken you by surprise yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment